Predator Masternode Setup Guide (Ubuntu 16.04)
This guide will assist you in setting up a predatorcoin Masternode on a Linux Server running Ubuntu 16.04. (Use at your own risk)
If you require further assistance contact the support team @ Discord
- 5,000 predatorcoin coins.
- A Vultr VPS running Linux Ubuntu 16.04.
- A Windows local wallet.
- An SSH client such as Bitvise
- Section A: Creating the VPS within Vultr.
- Section B: Downloading and installing Bitvise.
- Section C: Connecting to the VPS and installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Section D: Preparing the local wallet.
- Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode.
Section A: Creating the VPS within
- After you have added funds to your account go here to create your Server
- Choose a server location (preferably somewhere close to you)
- Choose a server type: Ubuntu 16.04
- Choose a server size: $5/mo will be fine
- Set a Server Hostname & Label (name it whatever you want)
Section B: Downloading and installing BitVise.
- Select the correct installer depending upon your operating system. Then follow the install instructions.
Section C: Connecting to the VPS & Installing the MN script via Bitvise.
- Copy your VPS IP (you can find this by going to the server tab within Vultr and clicking on your server.
- Open the bitvise application and fill in the “Hostname” box with the IP of your VPS.
- Copy the root password from the VULTR server page.
- Type “root” as the login/username.
- Paste the password into the Bitvise terminal by right clicking (it will not show the password so just press enter)
- Once you have clicked open it will open a security alert (click yes).
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter (it will just go to a new line)
- Paste the code below into the Bitvise terminal then press enter
- Sit back and wait for the install (this will take 10-20 mins)
- When prompted to enter your GEN key – press enter
- You will now see all of the relavant information for your server.
- Keep this terminal open as we will need the info for the wallet setup.
Section D: Preparing the Local wallet
- Download and install the predatorcoin wallet here
- Send EXACLY 5,000 predatorcoin to a receive address within your wallet.
- Create a text document to temporarily store information that you will need.
- Go to the console within the wallet
- Type the command below and press enter
- Copy the long key (this is your transaction ID) and the 0 or 1 at the end (this is your output index)
- Paste these into the text document you created earlier as you will need them in the next step.
Section E: Connecting & Starting the masternode
- Go to the tools tab within the wallet and click open “masternode configuration file”
- Fill in the form.
Alias type something like “MN01” don’t use spaces
Address is the IP and port of your server (this will be in the Bitvise terminal that you still have open).
PrivKey is your masternode private key (This is also in the Bitvise terminal that you have open).
TxHash is the transaction ID/long key that you copied to the text file.
Output Index is the 0 or 1 that you copied to your text file.
Click “File Save”
- Close out of the wallet and reopen Wallet *Click on the Masternodes tab “My masternodes”
- Click start all in the masternodes tab
- Check the status of your masternode within the VPS by using the command below:
predatorcoin-cli masternode status
*You should see status 9
If you do, congratulations! You have now setup a masternode. If you do not, please contact support and they will assist you.